Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Darling (another version of 'Listen, Babe' written at the same time)

My darling
I've got monsters in me
And they're hungry
They're soooooo hungry
That I can't eat a thing
Can't swallow down a single bite

It's not food I'm needing
Food is a rock inside my stomach
Clench
Release
And clench
And HEAVE
Choke up pebbles, sand, and dust

But I can hear my monsters growling in my guts
Feel them clawing at my insides
Hollowing
Hollowing
Howling
Powerful with famine

And you
And all you others
Just my skin to hold them back
Thin, translucent membrane
And you smell so delicious
Noses pressed between the bars of my ribs


Those who have never felt these primordial beasts churning within them cannot comprehend the soul-cracking ache of devouring a lover.

They call it sin

I call it nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis