Sunday, August 12, 2012

In wakefulness I live the dream

I'm happy so I cannot sleep
The triumph over hardships deep
Has left me feeling quite serene
In wakefulness I live the dream

So ask me not to droop and drowse
When all my spirit would arouse
My memory to relish in
Complete and near escape from sin

To suffer deeply as to sink
In bitterness but still to think
And bend emotions towards the light
Gives happy freedom peaceful might

The vines that grow from hardened ground
Yield smaller fruit, more sweet and round
When crushed and parted from the vine
Brings forth a more delicious wine

So bliss that grows in sorrow's shade
Tastes sweeter than joy ready made
And how can slumber cloud mine eyne
When I have drunk of such a wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis